Army Installation Management Command Maintenance Worker (MVO), NA-07 in Fort Stewart, Georgia
This position is located at SAC Bldg. 7160 on Fort Stewart, GA. Work schedule is between 07:00 AM to 06:00 PM. For Regular Part Time positions 20 hours per week are guaranteed. Pay will be equal the hourly pay rate multiplied by the number of hours worked. This announcement can be used to fill positions at various CYSS facilities on Fort Stewart.
Although this announcement shows a range, most selectees will begin employment at the minimum wage indicated. A copy of Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with no restrictions, is a required document at the time of Tentative Job Offer. Please be advised that a High School diploma or GED Certification is also a required document at the time of Tentative Job Offer. There will be no requirement to upload proof of education/certifications at the time of application, however, verification of education and CDL will be required at the time of Tentative Job Offer. Failure to provide the requested documentation may result in rescinding the Tentative Job Offer.
Drug Testing and Physical Examination are required for this position. This position is covered by the DA Drug-Free Federal Workplace Program. Incumbent is required to sign DA From 5019-R. This position has critical safety or security responsibilities and as such has been designated as a testing designated position (TDP). As a condition of employment, incumbent of a TDP is subject to a random drug test that occurs without suspicion that a particular individual is using illegal drugs.
Learn more about this agency
- Assigned to a Child and Youth Services facility provides assistance and support to the staff in maintaining and up keeping of the facility grounds and related equipment.
- Duties require the use of trade practices associated with carpentry and painting as well as work involving motor vehicle operations.
- Incumbent performs a variety of tasks involving the maintenance and minor repairs of the building and other associated equipment. Prepares and submits work orders for repairs requiring additional expertise.
- Performs minor grounds maintenance to include ensuring entrances and exits are free from debris and surfaces under playground structures are maintained according to safety requirements.
- Monitors access to the facility and grounds to ensure security is maintained. Conducts and documents daily safety inspections of facility and grounds.
- Drives government provided vehicles to pick up and deliver supplies and food from the original source to the facility.
- Drives government vans/buses with a capacity of 15-55 passengers to transport children/youth on field trips or to and from school or accompanies walking children to/from school.
- In absence of dedicated kitchen personnel, incumbent delivers, and serves light meals/snacks.
- #### Job family (Series)
4749 Maintenance Mechanic
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- Physical examination and drug testing are required
- High school diploma or GED certification is required
- Commercial driver's license (CDL) with no restrictions is required
Possess experience in accomplishing the types of duties described in this job. Ability to communicate in English at a level to assure the duties described can be accomplished in a safe and satisfactory manner. Skills and knowledge in the use of standard tools manual and power, lawn mowers, weed eaters, vacuum cleaners, etc. Requires a Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with no restrictions. Must possess a High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
Conditions of employment: Must be able to obtain and maintain a "P" Passenger Endorsement within six (6) months of entrance on duty (funded by agency). Failure to meet this condition may result in separation from employment.
Incumbent agrees to remain with the agency for a minimum of 12 months after obtaining endorsement or repay costs to the agency.
Possess a High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click hereto view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAFApplicantInformationKit.pdf
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- DA Form 3434, PCS Orders, Marriage License, CDL
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
Review our benefits
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this vacancy announcement.
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
- All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than midnight 12:00 AM on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
Fort Stewart NAF Office
DW-NAF-W0VAAA US ARMY GARRISON FT STEWART HQ DO NOT MAIL Fort Stewart, GA US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/491970600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 02/21/2018 to 05/21/2018
Salary: $12.26 to $14.28 per hour
Pay scale & grade: NA 7
Work schedule: Part-Time - 20 Hours
Appointment type: Permanent