Waste Management WM Career Day - *Residential CDL Driver - Savannah, GA in GARDEN CITY, Georgia
Title: WM Career Day - *Residential CDL Driver - Savannah, GA
Location: United States-Georgia-Garden City
Job Number: 18003938
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Lookingfor a new career? Seeking a position where you can do local travel ? Do you enjoy doing work not just behind thewheel? Looking for a company that values safety first ? Are you tired of doing the same thing andlooking for an opportunity to grow? If this sounds like you, Waste Management hasthe perfect match for you! Apply andcheck your email for a request to conduct your phone screen. We are interviewing now for our openings this Spring!
Walk-ins Welcome March 22!
National Career Day
Apply now to pre-register and avoidthe line!
1809 Highway 80
Garden City, GA, 31408
About Waste Management
WasteManagement (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider ofcomprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We arestrongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism andfinancial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential,commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through anetwork of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recyclingfacilities and waste-based energy production projects.
What We Offer You
AtWaste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive totalcompensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance andShort Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K,Recognition and Rewards and more! And we offer weekly paychecks! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Pleasenote that benefits may vary by site.
·Thisposition is eligible for the 2018 Special Bonus of $2000 . This bonus is paidafter completion of one year of service with WM.
* ResidentialDrivers *
Residential Drivers operate heavy-duty trucks and areresponsible for the collection of residential household waste or recyclablematerial. Driver will transport the material to a disposal, transfer or recyclefacility when trucks reach legal load capacity. Driver safely maneuversvehicle in residential environments. Navigates high traffic and congestedroadways, driveways, alleyways, and lots. Drivers get in and out of thetruck each stop to emptycans. This is a very physical position. Residential drivers are vital to our community and they are aneighborhood staple for residents. Being on time is essential and they are team oriented to ensure customers areserviced.
Work Schedule: 5 day work schedule, start time is early morning hours. This position is 10-12 hour work days.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform thefollowing tasks.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and documents checks utilizing the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report). .
- Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by Waste Management or directed by the Route Manager.
- Works closely with Route Manager to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions including closed or impassable streets or alleyways, receptacles too heavy to service or potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Dispatch or Route Manager.
- Completely dumps all receptacles and leaves the customer’s location clean and free of debris.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and check out process.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
* Qualifications *
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualificationsnecessary to perform the job.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited).
- Experience: None required
- Preferred experience, 1 year of experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent military driving within the last 7 years.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Hold a current Class A or B Commercial Drivers License with an air-brake endorsement.
- Successfully complete pre-employment DOT drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
- New drivers will attend 2 weeks training in Florida
- Preferred experience driving a manual transmission
- Waste or garbage industry experience a plus
- Delivery CDL driver, merchant or route CDL driver experience a plus
* Work Environment *
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and workenvironment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
·Normalsetting for this job is: outdoors and/or driving a video/GPS monitored vehicle
·This position is physicallylocated at the Waste Management site in Garden City, GA.
Note: The level of physicaleffort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser thandocumented here.
Overtime Status: Non-exempt
Job Field: Driver