SMG Banquet Captain in Savannah, Georgia
This position oversees all Banquet Functions to include, coffee breaks, buffet, plated and reception events all functions serving any food & beverage items. This position also oversees concessions in the absence of the Food & Beverage Manager.
- Training & supervising of all Food & Beverages Servers, Cashiers, Bartenders and Temporary Staff.
- Cash handling.
- Fulfilling the service per each Banquet Event Orders (BEO).
- Accurate and prompt recording of product consumption information during events for billing purposes.
- Maintaining all Banquet equipment cleanliness and annual maintenance.
- Must be creatively design buffets and coffee break displays.
- Attention to detail and consistency in every aspect of service is a must
- Position is very hands on with excessive interaction with clients during events.
- Cleaning of uniforms and banquet linens
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least three years of experience in a banquet facility servicing meals for large events.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Strong orientation to customer service and ability to work with other staff members in the facility.
- Excellent organizational, planning, communication, and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
- Computer skills to include Excel programs.
- Serve safe certified
- TIPS Certified
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled