SMG Banquet Server in Savannah, Georgia
Banquet Servers are responsible for ensuring our clients have a high quality catering experience while at The Savannah International Trade & Convention Center. This is achieved by possessing a strong work ethic and being committed to providing quality customer attention.
- Fulfilling the service per each Banquet Event Order
- Assist in creative designing for buffets and coffee break décor.
- Assist with collecting all banquet equipment to include flatware, china, glassware, and serving pieces needed for each event.
- Assist with preparing garnishes, beverages, condiments, and breads.
- Assist with cleaning and filling salt and pepper containers, sugar dishes, creamers, etc.
- Assist with preparation and set-up/breakdown of event room.
- Provide friendly and courteous customer service at all times.
- 2 year minimum experience in banquet facility servicing meals for large events
- Serve Safe Certified
- Facility/industry experience preferred
SKILLS AND ABILITITES
- Have a strong work ethic and be committed to high quality customer service
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Be flexible with your work hours and be able to work evenings and weekends
- Be flexible with your work hours and be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
- Professional presentation and appearance
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled